Tuesday, March 3, 2009

more from last semester


Here are a couple more editorials from last Fall and summer. The Spider was derived from an article about the various ways to keep spiders as Pets for Boys Magazine and I thought the concept was fairly universal and straight forward for its general audiance. It was always a childhood dream of mine to keep one as a pet but never got the chance so this was the turnout. Who doesn't love pirates??? I like that I used a more nuetral color pallete for this pianting as it maintains a more comicbook type appearance.

As for the snow man at the bottom, I came up with this concept from an article about making kids lunches cool and fun during the summer. This concept is also fairly universal, the only nit picky thing for both Mark Hoffman and I was the positioning of the kids heads which could have been a alterred slightly but for the most part it was pretty successful. both are watercolor, pen and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment